Sunday, October 18, 2009


~~~~ For a long time i have been unable to meditate even though i have tried and tried. A boss/good friend has given me a lot of stuff to help me meditate. But i just could not do it. i could not get my mind to stop racing and my body to relax. i am hoping that now that some things have been taken care of i can relax a little better and meditate to help with the rest of my stress.

~~~~ i am going to set up a box that holds all my stuff for meditation: the candles, CD's, crystals, a
nd once i have finished making it the meditation blanket to sit on. i can not wait and really hope that all this helps. i am also looking for a meditation center near me that i can go to and meditate there as well. i know there is one in Chicago that my boss goes to and that he and his wife really like it.

~~~~ i also know that some people find it easier to meditate when they are out walking and i have been able to meditate when walking before. To this matter i am going to save of some of the little money that i have and get myself an MP3/MP4 player. i have seen some really nice ones on EB
ay that are not expensive at all. It will not be an ipod brand MP3 player but it will work and cost me a lot less. Anyway on this player i will put a bunch of music that has a good beat to it so that i can listen to it as i walk and keep a steady pace while i meditate. my walks will not be long to begin with because of my hips, lower back, and knees but as time goes on and they get stronger my walks will get longer then in the spring and summer when the weather is nicer i will be able to go for bikerides with Son as well though i do not think i will be able to meditate on those.

~~~~ i really want to be able to meditate and as long as i work at it i should be able to start it up again. Short meditations to start and then they can get longer as i get back into the practice of it. For now i think i will meditate on sitting on bed with the candles and stuff set up around
my room. Once i can find a place in the house the i can set up meditation / altar corner i will leave the stuff set up all the time and will be able to visit that spot whenever i need to or want to. i think i am going to talk to Roommate about setting up a meditation area outside as well somewhere in the backyard. i can put my Tinkerbell lanters that Roommate got me for my birthday out there to hold my candles and keep them for blowing out or blowing over. It will be a very nice corner of the yard i can see how i want to do it now. All i have to do is ask though i do not see why Roommate would say no.

0 comments: