Thursday, January 14, 2010

~~~~ i feel like i have my own little pharmacy. Now i know there are people who take more pills every day than i do. However this is just how i feel because i hate the idea of taking meds. i now have Flexeril 10mg (muscle relaxer for my shoulder), Motrin 800mg (to help with the pain in shoulder), Midrin (for my migraines), and Vicodin 5/500 (for my back, hips, and shoulder). i have to remember that i can not take the Vicodin and Midrin at the same time; the Midrin and the Motrin can be separated by two hours; the Vicodin, Motrin and Flexeril can all be taken together, the Midrin and Flexeril can be taken together; with the Vicodin and Flexeril i should eat a small snack before i take them to avoid an upset stomach; and the Midrin, Vicodin, and Flexeril all make me very sleepy.

~~~~ As you can tell i saw the Dr. yesterday. He said it does not seem like anything is torn in my shoulder but that there is some kind of impingement of the muscle. i have to go and get x-rays taken of my shoulder, find an Orthopedic Surgeon, and start Physical Therapy for my shoulder. All i have to say is here i go again. So much fun.


~~~~ Though i have to admit i really like this Dr. he is very nice and has a great "bedside manor". i will have to get Son to him soon for his ADHD medications. We will see how Son likes him too. It is not often that a Dr. makes a such a great first impression on me i a
m usually very reserved with Dr.s and it takes me a while to decide if i like them or not.

~~~~ my crocheting is moving along slowly but steadily we will see how these meds help it pick up. i am working on three different blankets right now. Two of my three brothers are getting blankets made, as well as a baby blanket, and i have other blankets that i started ages go and need to finish. Plus i am going to be making
hats, lapghans, shawls, scarves, and neck warms for the cancer treatment center just down the road from my house. Plus a lot of baby blankets to store up for when my friends all have babies. i absolutely love crocheting it is so relaxing and such a stress reliever, plus i can do it and watch tv or a movie, or talk to people in person or on the phone. A few people who have seen me crocheting while i am sitting at a restaurant waiting for my food or have seen me with my finished scarf and book bag have said i should make some of these to sell. i am not sure how to go about this or if i even want to do that. Only time will tell.

0 comments: