Sunday, September 26, 2010

~~~~ Yesterday Roommate took me to go and get my ID changed to my new address and to take the written test so that i can get my learners permit to drive. i did really well with it and only got two wrong. One question and one sign. The answer to the question should have been "all of the above" but the way the question was worded i chose the answer that fit best. With the sign it was just a plan yellow circle no words or markings in it and i could not remember that it meant rail road crossing until i turned the test in. Oh well two wrong is not bad. While i was taking the test Roommate watched Son for me so that he was not left alone and he was not allowed with me while i was taking the test.

~~~~ After the test Roommate took us to Dunkin' Doughnuts to get some treats. Son got a HUGE blueberry muffin, Roommate got an extra large blueberry coffee with sugar and cream, and he got a pumpkin coffee with sugar and cream as well as a pumpkin doughnut because they were out of pumpkin muffins. Then we went to some abandon roads in town that turned out not to be so abandoned that day. i drove on them for about half an hour and tried to back up and everything. i need a lot my practice. i did not do to badly but i did not do to great either.

~~~~ Hopefully we can go driving again today and Son will be better behaved this time. He kept making comments from the backseat and it did not help me any. By the time we got home, Roommate drove us because i am not ready for the main roads yet, i was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane. Roommate was very sweet and helped me calm down a little and cracked my lower back for me because it was tight and hurting. Then gave me two hugs before he left to head home so that he could get ready for his bowling league thing he had last night. (i wonder how he did.)

~~~~ i hate driving but i know that i have to learn so i am working on it and in time i know i will not be as scared as i am now. i do not think i will every truly love it but then i could be wrong i am trying to keep an open mind about it. But as long as i do it once in a while and am comfortable doing it with Son in the car i will know i can do it when i have to. Right now i am not comfortable enough to even drive on the main roads here but i did get up to 40mph and that is a huge thing for me because at first i could not stand going that speed i was too scared. One thing at a time and i will get there. i am just so glad that Roommate is so calm and patient with me.

0 comments: