Sunday, June 7, 2009


~~~~ According to weather.com there is only a 30% chance of Thunder Storms during the day and a 70% chance tonight. i do know it is going to rain though because my back and left leg are really, really sore. The heavier the air, the more i seem to ache. i guess it is just something i need to learn to deal with because it does not seem to be going away. Ever since i got hit by that stupid car.

~~~~ When there is a Thunder Storm i am usually fine as long as i do not see the flashes of Lightening. Once i see them i seem to notice them all after that and get more and more anxious and just uneasy. The closer it seems or the brighter it is them terrified i become. There have been times when i have been reduced to tears because of the Lightening in a particular storm and if i am caught out of the house such as at work or in a car or store i am even worse inside though i try to not let it show for everyone else. Then when it is over or i get home i am usually throwing up because of it. When i am at home i usually end up begging Roommate to stay with me even though i know rationally that he would not leave me alone when i am that scared.

~~~~ Poor Roommate does everything he can to help me calm down and keep me distracted during a Lightening Storm. He has stayed up all night with me because i could not fall asleep when he had to work the next morning, pulled me out from under the blankets and talked to me rubbing my cheek to calm me down and keep me from going into and anxiety attack, and NEVER laughs at me no matter how silly he might think this is (he says he does not think i am being silly at all) i just can not seem to forget how my estranged used to laugh at me when i would get so scared. With my estranged husband i always had to try and hide how scared i was or he would pick on me for it and pull the kids outside with him to watch the Lightening on a small walkway with metal guardrails and fences. Oh would i go nuts then trying not to show him how scared i was and get the kids back inside where they were safe. Roommate thank the Gods does not do that type of thing and tries to help me. He even tries to explain to Son, if he is here, when a Lightening Storm is going on that it is not really funny that i am so scared and how it is not a very nice or gentlemanly thing to laugh at and make fun of someone who is so scared they are shacking and crying because of a situation.

0 comments: