Wednesday, September 23, 2009


~~~~ It seems that nobody writes letters any more. We all send a quick email with maybe two or three lines in it or we call them. Everyone and their brother has a telephone or cellphone or both. i find that i am always calling my friends just to see what is up and for someone to talk to. However lately i miss writing letters. Though i admit when i have had friends that i contacted by writing letters i have lost contact with them because i could not "just pick a phone and call" but now i want to write letters again. They are more person then a phone call and you express so much more in a letter that lasts forever. On the phone you
always forget what was said over time and things always seem to change as the memory ages.

~~~~ What brought this about? Well i was going through a bunch of stuff from when i moved away from my estranged husband and i found letters from friends of mine that were unopened. Friends that i thought had stopped writing me but it turns out i was the one that stopped writing them because i never got
their letters. They were stuffed in a box of stuff that was in a storage area and i always kept my letters to and from my friends on or in my desk. These are friends that i have greatly missed too but now have no way of finding again because they have moved. Oh if only i had known that my letters were being hidden from me and why they were being hidden from me as well. With these letters i found pictures of my friends that they had sent me and one that had pictures of my trip to a zoo with my friend and his son. my friend at that time was in the army and i do not know if he still is or if he is out and where he moved to. i have tried finding him but have been unable to and i really want to talk to him again. i miss his friendship and i could talk to him about anything. He does not even know i have a 10yr old son. The last time i talked to him i had just gotten married and found out i was pregnant. So he knows i have at least one child but not the gender and i do not know if he remembers the age my first child would be. There were also a couple of letters from one of the girls i went through Navy boot camp with. That were hidden from me with pictures of her baby in them. She will be almost impossible to find because she was getting married but did not give me her future husbands last name so i do not know if they ever got married and if they did what her new last name is.

~~~~ Anyways, i miss writing letters to my friends. i miss sitting down at my desk with stationery and a good pen and writing a letter not a note but a letter to someone. i miss going to the
mailbox and getting a rush of excitement when i open it to find a letter for me from one of my friends. Now all i get are bills and stuff from my lawyer for my divorce. You used to be able to walk into any store and find stationery for writing letters now you find it for the printer but i is not the same thing and it is almost impossible to find sealing wax anywhere except the good craft stores and even then it is only a few colors and very expensive. i guess i could make my own stationery with some of the programs i have on my laptop but i still need people to write letters too.

0 comments: