Tuesday, December 8, 2009


~~~~ It has been 2.5 years since i left my estranged husband and we are still not divorced. He has found every reason in the book to prolong this divorce. Now to top it all off his legal representation is filing a motion for withdrawal from the case. Siting that they have reached an impass as to how to proceed with this cause of action. Even though i was the one to leave he is the one that petitioned for disillusion of marriage. With his legal representation asking to withdraw from the case he has 21 days from their withdrawal to file an appearance for himself or with new council. If he does not do this then his petition will be dismissed and we will have to start all over again. So this morning my lawyer and i spent an hour and a half on the phone writing up a counter petition so that we can file it before there is a chance for the case to dismissed and we can keep it open and preceding.

~~~~ my next court date that i have to appear for is December 29,2009 one day after my 11 year wedding anniversary. However i am not even sure if that date will stand because of this motion to withdraw and the fact that he has 21 days after that to file an appearance. The motion for withdrawal comes in front of the Judge on December 15, 2009 but i do not need to be there for that. This divorce has cost me over $22,000 of which i have paid off over $17,000 already. That is a lot of money that could have been put to a much better use sitting in
a bank and earning interest for Son's college education even after paying for the divorce but instead it is going to my lawyer. Now i am not complaining about paying my lawyer he has done a WONDERFUL job and i am very pleased with everything that he has done. i just wish that my estranged had not drug this divorce out so very long.

~~~~ On an other note i am crocheting away at all my projects an
d they are coming out great. i am very pleased with them i just wish the progress would go a little faster but it is not easy to crochet with two wrist braces on at times. A nice cup of hot blueberry tea, some good music, my comfy chair, a warm blanket and my Blueberry Scone scented candle burning and i am good to go for several hours of good crocheting time while i watch the snow fall and pile up outside my windows. i love the beauty of this time of year. After crocheting for a few hours i may pick up one of the books i am reading and enjoy it for a while too. Or maybe i will move to working at my desk and taking care of some of my poetry that i have not worked on in a while. It all just depends on how i feel. One thing is for sure though i need to get off here for a little while and get my house work done so that i can do this stuff later. Plus i have to take of Son when he gets home from school. So off to work i go.


0 comments: