Thursday, December 10, 2009

~~~~ They say, "Music has powers to sooth the savage breast." Yes, breast not beast it was miss quoted and stuck that way.

~~~~ i love music and almost any kind of music at that. As most can tell from the playlist.com player i have at the bottom of my blog. Those are just some of the songs that have inspired me over the years. i do not like rap though i am sorry but to me that is just not music.

~~~~ i can play several instruments too. Lets see there is the Tuba, Sousaphone (big thing that wraps around the body), flute, piccolo, little bit on the trumpet and trombone. i was teaching myself to play the piano on a really nice keyboard that i had but w
hen i left my estranged that got left behind on accident and he will not give it to me. Ohh well he did pay for it, granted it was supposed to be my Christmas present a few years back but i can go and buy another one sometime when i have the money. i have beautiful acoustic guitar that i want to learn to play as well and Roommate says he can teach both Son and i to play. Son was taking drum lessons with his dad but stopped so i am going to look for some out here for him to take.

~~~~ i find that depending on the style of the music it can be a great many things: calming, stimulating, inspiring, aggravating, sensual, annoying, and just so many more. When i really want to relax and just unwind or work on my writing i listen to Black
more's Night, Celtic Women, or Classical even. If i want to take it easy but still get stuff done around the house or am not in a hurry to get a crochet project done i will listen to country or some "Oldies from the 50's - 80's" (since when did the 80's become oldies?). If i want to really get things moving with cleaning or crocheting or even with my walks and exercise i will listen to Big Band music with its pushing beats or even Metal to some Heavy Metal or Death Metal depending on the song. i like to be able to understand the words to what i am listening to if they are in English.

~~~~ i love musicals too like Phantom Of The Opera, Cats though th
is is probably my least favorite musical, Hairspray etc. Even the music from the old Disney Animated Movies i love to listen to still. There is just always music for whatever mood you are in. i always have music playing somewhere in the house if i am not wasting a few hours in front of the TV. but then there is music on TV too. With every show, commercial, and movie they use music you just may not notice it.

Some of my favorite Quotes about MUSIC

**** Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here! Dumbledore ~J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997 ****

**** I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could a
lways have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. ~George Eliot (1819 - 1880)****

**** Music has charms to soothe the savage breast
To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak. ~William Congreve (1670 - 1729), The Mourning Bride, Act 1 Scene 1 ****

**** If music be the food of love, play on;

Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,

The appetite may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall:

O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound

That breathes upon a bank of violets,

Stealing and giving odour! ~William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616),
"Twelfth Night", Act 1 scene 1 ****

**** After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. ~Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
"Music at Night", 1931 ****


0 comments: