Wednesday, December 23, 2009


~~~~ For quit a while now i have been looking for a local yarn shop that i can get supplies at and take knitting lessons. i have asked around to everyone that i know and no one seems to know how to knit that lives near me. Heck most want me to teach them to crochet. i am thinking of charging a couple bucks for lessons and with that they will get a standard set of crochet hooks and a skein of Caron's Simply Soft Yarn in a color of their choice.

~~~~ i have been getting my yarn at the local Michael's Craft Store or from my mom who picks it up at Pat Catan's a craft store in OH. i have been working with acrylics and want to try working with nat
ural fibers. my hands are very sensitive and i can only use yarns that are very soft or i end up with yarn burns (think rug burns) on my fingers from the yarn pulling over my fingers as i crochet. Right now i only use Caron's Simply Soft Yarns. i can pick up some cotton and some wool yarn at Michael's but i really want a larger selection and someone who knows about the yarns to help me choose what is the right yarn for my next project. Not to mention i have always wanted to see the inside of a yarn shop. Though i have a feeling i will be like a kid in a candy store in one.

~~~~ i would also love to just be able to sit in a yarn shop and work on my projects for a while my own little get away with like crafted people. i do not have a problem sitting in the living and watching TV with Son and/or Room
mate while i crochet and do that quit often, or sitting in my room and crocheting with a DVD or music playing from my laptop. But there is just something so appealing about the idea of sitting in a yarn store and working on my projects. Not to mention there is likely to be someone that knows more about it then me there and can teach me a few new stitches or patterns. i just think it would be so much fun plus a great way to get to know more people in this area.


0 comments: