Wednesday, December 2, 2009


~~~~ Does anyone else know how difficult it is to crochet with one of these on each hand? Yes, i have carpal tunnel in both wrists as well as corpol tunnel in my left elbow. i injured my left arm while working at Osco in April of 2005. After many MRI's, an EMG and two years of Physical Therapy i do not have to wear the wrist brace all the time just when it really starts to hurt. i would not let them do the double release that they wanted to do. Releasing the tendons in both the palm of my hand and my eblow so that when the nerves swelled they were not as restricted but then i would always have a weight limit as to
what i could lift or how i could move my arm. No thank you. In July of 2006 i was hit by a car and it borke my left leg, tore cartalige in my left knee and weakend my hips and lower back. While i was on crutches and non weight bearing for my left leg i really agrivated my left arm and developed carpal tunnel in my right arm as well. With all of this i can say i thankful i can still walk and move and crochet it could have been a lot worse.

~~~~ So i am stiching away at all my projects and makeing slow progress but progress still. They are all truning out beautifully. i can not wait to get them done and get pictures posted on here. i just find it so relaxing to crochet especially with all the stress of the holidays and the fact that i am usually stuck inside for the duration of the cold weather. Only going out when i absolutely have to because of my back. The cold causes me sever pain in my back and hips and means i usually have to take a vicodine and i HATE taking those so i try to avoid anything that causes that much pain.

~~~~ Ohhh good news though my car is fixed it was a
bad tork converter, according to my dad who has worked for Ford all my life that is an $800 dollar fix but it did not cost me a penny. Thank the gods for warranties. i get my car back to day. Roommate and his dad driving down to get it and bringing it home while i get to say inside in the nice warm house working on all my projects.

0 comments: